Thursday, January 20, 2011

ThePaintedPiano

There is something exciting about reclaiming and renewing. Weather it is a patch of dirt transformed into a garden, Trash made into something beautiful, or my favorite at the moment painting what was old and ugly to make it new.


 I received this piano as a gift from Friends and the moment I saw her I knew what she could be.
Piano's are a little tricky to redo. It must be taken apart carefully, taped and sanded if your into that sort of thing (I cut corners and gave her a good cleaning and started in) pieces are painted individually so they don't stick together, the keys come out and so on. This particular piano needed a lot of vacuuming  and a good wipe down after years of being caressed by sweaty children's hands.

But after a good vacuuming, the tediousness of replacing the keys and a few last minute touch ups she is better than new. My husband says "Only you my love would choose to have a blue piano" Hmmm That is where he is wrong........ :) Wouldn't you agree. Everyone needs a Blue painted piano

1 comment: