Friday, January 21, 2011

One Room at a time

Spring fever hit me hard this year, in part due to the hours I have spend pouring over the pages of
Animal Vegetable Mineral (I highly recommend this book). So to ward off the fever I have been switching stuff up in my house. Starting with my bedroom I vowed to spend as little as possible and sweat a lot.

 Silly me I did not take a good before shot, still getting used to this blogging stuff



The wall were already a pail blue and I had made the curtains a while ago. I wanted to add some bright Yellow in small ways, thus the spray painted collage of empty frames, spray painted owl and candle holder. I love me some spray paint. When you are buying paint, choose a glossy finish, that way you can paint a few pieces of furniture that need revamping.
Such as a sheet dresser and book case.


I used an idea from a friend for hanging art. All it takes is yarn, tissue paper and time.
This is the basic idea, increase the square get a bigger poof.
http://creativecalibrations.com/pages/puffball.html

Organizational hangers and totes are always nice to round off a room by getting stuff put away. Make sure you check places like goodwill and other thrift stores first. It's not necessary that is matches, this will save you lots of $.
 Don't be shy, if you are in need of Furniture Ask your friends. So many people have stuff lying around collecting dust.
You can also Facebook it
 Check the Free section on Craigslist.org and freecycle.org
Spray paint goes a long way toward redeeming things.
And as you organize get rid of things, good rule of thumb
IF SOMETHING COMES IN, SOMETHING SHOULD GO OUT
:)

1 comment: